Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Civilization V Experience






After much waiting I finally got Civ V so here's my review.


Graphics are not my primary concern but the visuals are pretty good, at least compared to previous civ games.

The audio is as great as ever, I especially like how the civilizations speak their native language. The music is excellent.

The biggest change from Civ IV is the combat system. In previous civilization games units could stack together on a single tile. Players could create "stacks of doom", or, massive unbeatable stacks of units. They proceeded to use these stacks to raze every city in their path.
In Civilization 5, military units can not stack on the same tile. This new feature, combined with the fact that ranged units can actually attack from multiple tiles away creates a much more strategic and satisfying game.

Players can tactically use features of the terrain such as choke points to hold off much larger military forces.

Overall I am very satisfied with this game and will post more Civ V strategy in the future

27 comments:

  1. /b/

    http://olliesupsanddowns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS THE BEST BLOG EVER
    HANDS DOWN
    NO CONTEST
    Following, supporting, stayin' a bro.
    http://retrogamemusic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The civ series is one of my favorite ones, and call me conservative, if you will, but I believe civ 3 was the best one. On the other hand, civ 5 is miles better than civ 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, please no! I can't get into civilization again! This is one of the biggest time consumer ever made! Noooo :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the civ franchise, i played around with the demo and had mixed feelings about it, maybe i'll give it a go later tonight

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah man you can't believe how much I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this. I'm gonna pick it up later this week, then it's goodbye life for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i might try this but more than likely won't like it. why? IDK

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting, never played it before

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't play a lot of games, but I love Civ. Haven't got V yet, it's on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice, i have played some of the older versions i will get this on when i get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very glad they removed unit stacking because it also caused performance issues for some computers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty excited to try this game, one of my friends is addicted to it and plays all night through the morning. I haven't had a chance to try it yet though..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never played this game before... Should I? :D

    Following

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll try to remember to download a demo! Look forward to more reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats da poopies!

    smoochies n' poopies! :*

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like your not a graphics guy..hey man same here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is one of my more favorite blog posts from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im getting excited i really want to play this game SO MUCHHHH and swift love posted the same on my blog lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. This game is going to be sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to try out the game myself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really liked the series, but the games just take too damned long.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i loved all the civilization sequels

    ReplyDelete
  23. no stacking huh.... interesting...
    everyone I've seen review this seems to love it

    supp and followin'

    pc-community-info.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alright I finally have it! Now I just need to find the time to actually unwrap and play it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never really been into CIV, it just feels too casual compared to Paradox Games or the Total War series. I don't see anything unique it has to offer that does series don't have.

    ReplyDelete