Your Ad Here

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Translated Interview with Boxer

The Interview
Q: Your feelings on qualifying for Ro64?
A: I haven't felt like this for a long time, so I'm feeling delighted. I'm happy because I get to see my fans again in the Ro64, only thing left is giving it my all.

Q: It looked like you prepared a lot for today's matches. Were the strategies prepared?
A: It was the qualifiers so I didn't have specific strategies prepared. I just reacted depending on the situation. The opponent's strategy was a late game strategy so I thought bunker rush would work. Also even I failed, it is possible to salvage the bunker so I did what I wanted.

Q: Until you played Starcraft 2 (guessing he's asking what boxer did just before/during the qualifiers)
A: I was able to meet long-time fans and fans that I was unable to see for a long time. Of course my girlfriend Kim Ga Yun supported me a lot. If I needed something she immediately find/get it for me and this helped me concentrate on my matches.
Also I had a lot of peers who helped me and gave me some advices.

Q: What was the reason for entering GSL Season 2?
I wanted to enter GSL from Season 1. A lot of people seem to be interested in it and could been a controversial issue so I acted cautiously. Because I was trying to work out a consultation and etc with my team beforehand, I did not (have the chance to) attend.

Q: Do you have a goal in mind?
A: First my goal was to qualify for Ro64, (now) I want to receive Code S and have safe placement for SC2 League.

Q: Do you have any opponent you want to face?
A: Well it is a starting stage for me... If there were players that could be my rival or someone I have an issue with then I think the matches will turn out well.
I think having a rival will be good for increasing my skills.
It would be good if a lot of notable players were to get through (the qualifiers) so a lot of fans could enjoy GSL.

Q: Are you going to be playing in a team in the near future?
A: First I agree playing without a team is arduous and a team is needed. Because I needed someone who could share strategy with and someone who could give me some pointers, it was quite frustrating.
However, I have not planned to join a team as of yet. It has always been controversial so I think it has to be a careful decision.

Q: What do you want to say to the fans that get to see you again?
I felt sorry for fans that waited for me, I could not even deliver any result (=news) (regarding my situation). Just in case the situation intensified I could not even work on my cafe (=blog) activities.
From now on I will work hard on my cafe (=blog) and put a lot of effort to give some back to the fans.

Q: Some people say (SC2's) Salvage and Dropships (=medivacs) were made, Boxer in mind...
A: In SC2, it is not only Terran that has favourable (options). Zerg can still move their spinecrawlers... (I'm assuming the rest is not written down by the interviewer)
However, the strategy exists and if it's a possible strategy I will not be hesitant and will use them 'devilishly' to the full extent.

Q: Why stick with Terran?
A: I chose Terran because the fans expected Terran matches from me. However, the game changes a lot with every patch so I might change my race depending on the results of the (future) patches.

Q: Are you satisfied with Terran?
A: I am slightly displeased with the multiple Terran nerfs (including recent ones). Blizzard has tendency to balance games for team games and games with multiple players (I think implying FFA). Also Zerg has won recently so I don't understand why Zerg is receiving a buff.

Source: http://star2.gamechosun.co.kr/board/view.php?bid=sc2e&num=28217

53 comments:

  1. Wow, great interview. I hope you'll keep up the good stuff coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see him in GSL, I want to see his style of play with terran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a good follow up post to the previous one

    I have a new post on GTL Everyday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, really enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boxer is great... A real pioneer, but I doubt he will make it past the round of 32 =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments on my blog :)

    I have new bubbles on Enhanced by MS Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super!!! thanks man, this guy is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. man, thats great, too see what they are thinking behind the scenes

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. None of this makes any sense to me :E I don't know starcraft or its characters.

    Don't forget to click on over to my page, as I've done for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great boxer dunno if he'll make it though

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Koreans are insane, that is all I have ti say on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool, such an interesting person!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blizzard balances based on the general win ratios I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. have no idea who this 'boxer' is, but im gonna give SC2 a go soon :) good post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hm ive never heard of this guy either

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed the interview, good post bro!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hah I hope you like my illustrations! I'm working on getting someone with some actual abilities to draw them up in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Starcraft is amazing but I hate Blizzard more and more everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo, thanks for reposting, didn't get to see this

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet stuff, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know who this is but I liked the interview lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome read, thanks for sharing! supporting :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. awesome review good sir; supporting :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for visiting my blogs good sir! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. sick. i actually want to see this legend play sc2

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice interview, an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  30. All hail the Emperor Boxer. I wish I could play sc2 professionally. I'd won multiple tournaments in modern warfare 2 and halo and WoW for money, but Starcraft 2 is another story.

    ReplyDelete
  31. interesting, I didn't know that...

    GTL4life!

    ReplyDelete