Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

‘The Zerg definitely got better, but it will not affect me too much’ – Kim Won Ki’s (Fruitdealer) opinion of 1.2 Patch

829201_1286530938.jpg

On October 8th, Kim Won Ki revealed his opinion of the upcoming 1.2 patch.



Patch 1.2, scheduled to be the next upcoming patch, has been a hot topic for its boost for the Zerg and its nerf on the Terran. For the zerg community, known for its complaints and it’s so called “Zerg QQ”, the patch has been accepted as a wonderful news.

So Star2Josun interviewed the winner of GSL(Global Star2 League) Season 1, “JJug” (Korean slang for Amazing Zerg player) Kim Won Ki (Zerg/Fruitdealer) and asked his thoughts about the upcoming patch.

Q: The patch notes for patch 1.2 have been revealed. What are your thoughts on its boost for Zerg?
I heard about the patch and I welcome it. I’m not exactly sure what will happen until the patch is done. I think I’ll be able to decide how I feel about it once it is released. My main race is not Protoss, but in a Protoss v.s Terran match, Protoss has hard time dealing with Terran, so I’m disappointed that a fix for this issue was not part of the patch.


Q: What effects do you think the Patch will have for Zergs against both Terran and Protoss?
Thanks to the Roach’s increase in range, their usefulness dramatically increased in ZvP matchups. For ZvT, due to the inability of making Fast barracks for Terrans, I think Zerg will always be able to take their expansion first. In response to this, I think Terrans will have to harass the early expansion through fast scouting.
Overall, since Zerg does not have to worry about 10 Barracks or reapers, I think they have taken a huge advantage. I think the Zerg race is getting better.


Q: How are the receptions for this patch for the people around you?
There have been many talks about the requirement of supply depot for building barracks. However, the Zerg users are welcoming it with open arms.


Q: How do you think this will affect you?
I don’t think it will have a significant effect on my game play. It’s just that ZvP is a hard match up for me and since the Roaches are getting higher range, I think it’s now turning out to be a do-able match up for me.


Q: What Zerg unit do you think needs some boosts?
I want the Brood Lord to get stronger. The current Brood Lord dies extremely easily, hard to produce, and it’s not cost effective. I don’t like both the Ultralisk and Brood Lord, but out of the high tier units, the only high tier unit I would use is the Ultralisk.
Ultralisk is good for putting an end to a game, but if used when the game is turning unfavorable towards you it is difficult to put it into good use. The Zerg race needs units like High Templar.


Q: Did you receive the GSL Prize Money? If you did, how are you planning to use it?
I did not receive the prize money yet (laughs). I did not yet think about how I want to use the money.


Q: Your comments on your upcoming matches in GSL Season 2.
I will just think about passing through the next rounds starting from the preliminaries. Zerg Fighting! (Fighting is way of cheering in Korean).

Source: http://star2.gamechosun.co.kr/board/view.php?bid=sc2e&num=27979

38 comments:

  1. Oh god, Starcraft politics. This is amazing.

    ((return the love/clicks/comments<3))

    ReplyDelete
  2. this guy looks like he can pwn me

    btw, I have a new post on GTL Everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 fruitdealer.
    he's the man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well :) he doesnt sound worried :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have never played starcraft maybe ill pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. about time the field was made level

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is classic!

    btw, check out my new bubbles on Enhanced by MS Paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to know things are getting balanced

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol at these korean SC2 fanatics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roach range increase should help them out against reapers that could previously outmaneuver roaches too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. even if the world would stop spinning this guy would take little notice

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen too much Korean play but it's good to hear the opinion of one of the players. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're professional gamers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. more zerg buffs are probably comming. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the point of view of Zerg.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, it's a sweet deal. Saves money and doesn't hurt as much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I predict he'll make it to the round of 8

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol at above comment. Good post, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just realized that i need to watch Husky and HD's channel to watch the ESL now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think they really did a good job balancing the races. its good to see even the pro players recognize this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome read, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. yeah zerg needs a ZT equivelant =D

    ReplyDelete
  24. KIMCHI SAMSUNG HYHNDAI!! It's amazing how they can tell the difference of the new patch.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow.. that seems to be very funny man.. awsome read

    following

    ReplyDelete